Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11 Version 9.0.9

iMovie 11 9.0.9 is out.

Includes - fix for iMovie not recognizing certain video cameras.

Improved compatibility with iMovie for iOS.

Stability improvements.

Will be interesting to see the specifics of what this fixes.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 15, 2013 8:18 AM

12 replies

May 20, 2013 11:48 AM in response to AppleMan1958

Appleman,

I have only 1 Apple ID, I never had a 2nd one.

I did not buy iMovie via de App Store, it came as usual packed with OS X when I bought my MacBook.

All the past updates for iTunes, iMovie, ... went fine. In the mean time I have seen other remarks where the updates don't work as expected, mainly in Europe. Maybe it has to do something with the Apple servers afterall ...

May 20, 2013 1:25 PM in response to AppleMan1958

In the mean time I fixed the problem.

I have 2 user accounts on my MacBook. One I use for all my work and the other is the admin account (to keep things separated for security reasons).

When I logged in my admin account the App Store showed the updates for iMovie and iTunes.

The strange thing is that the recent update for OS X, I could do from my user account (I only need to provide my admin name and password during installation).

Apparently the iLife updates only go via the admin account.

May 9, 2014 7:45 PM in response to AppleMan1958

I am having issues, my hard drive is completely filled from all the videos I have uploaded from my GoPro to Imovie so I bought a 2TB external hard drive and watched some videos on youtube as to how to format the hard drive properly which Ive done. but when I open Imovie I dont see my hard drive anywhere in Imovie so that I can add my event files and projects to the hard drive. I want to be able to send the videos to the external hard drive and still edit them in imovie if that makes sense and if that is still possible with this updated imovie(the one with the purple icon).

any help is appreciated. Thank you

iMovie 11 Version 9.0.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.