Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 keeps turning itself off

Hi

Ive had iphone 5 since it came out, and recently this year, its been turning itself off with plenty of battery life and wont allow me to turn it back on until I have plugged it into wall charger to 'charge' it back up. When its plugged in, it returns to the battery level it was originaly at....30%, 50% for example.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Im going to do a iCloud and computer back up and restore firmware see if that helps?

Chris

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 15, 2013 7:55 AM

28 replies

May 24, 2013 7:22 PM in response to chrisc90

I have this exact problem! And it only appears to happen when I take photos. Last weekend, the battery was at 32% and it kept turning off when I was taking photos with and without flash on.

It is really frustrating. I have been able to turn it back on without charging, i just keep pressing power button over and over, or leave it for about 10 minutes and then keep pressing the power button.

If it keeps doing it I am going to organise a Genius appointment.

Jun 3, 2013 5:42 AM in response to chrisc90

Has anyone figured anything out with this? I've been having the same problem and recently did a restore but it actually seems to be happening more now. It has turned off while I've been on the phone as well as just while texting.. I have no idea what to do. I'm thinking since it has just started for all of us it may be due to the recent software upgrade?

Iphone 5 keeps turning itself off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.