Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail: display problems with Office 365 Inbox

I'm having 4 problems with O365 and Mac OS X Email, all related to display issues. I have it setup as an Exchange connector and it's generally working well. I get my company calendar events and contacts as well as email. The first 3 problems are fixed if I exit Mail and restart (not sure about the 4th)

Problem 1: (most serious)

Sometimes a reply to a thread appears suddenly appears above that thread's header. If I restart, the message is properly shown under the thread header. This happens at least once a day. If this is the top thread in my inbox, the email is still indented, but way at the top, not under any thread heading.

Today I saw a really weird variant of this. The email reply moved from it's proper thread so that it appeared to be part of the thread above, but still properly sorted by date/time within that other thread. Exiting and restarting moved it back to the proper thread.

Problem 2:

In the message viewer window, sometimes the To field improperly displayed, with superimposed text. I think it's the person's name and email address, but hard to read. If I restart email, the message displays fine.

Problem 3:

Sometimes the content of a message is not visible in the message viewer window, and appears blank. If I restart, the message is visible.

Problem 4: (minor)

Sometimes the read status doesn't clear once I've read a message. If I right click in the inbox and specifically change the status to Read, the indicator goes away.

I realize there a chance for finger pointing here, "Apple fans saying it's Microsoft's fault" vs. "Microsoft says it's Apple's fault". But I decided to post here, in part because I think there's maybe a better chance of getting an answer, and also because when I restart Mac Mail the problems go away. (that doesn't make it Apple's "fault", but makes it a very localized symptom). Also, I haven't heard any of my coworkers complain (using various OS X, iOS, Windows, Android phones, etc)

Of all the issues, item 2 seems the hardest to blame on Microsoft. The data is clearly there, it's being displayed, just incorrectly.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm getting to the point, some days, I have to restart email every couple of minutes. Other times I can go days without seeing these problems.

This is OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion, it's not in the pick from list below.

OS X Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5), This is OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion,

Posted on May 15, 2013 8:33 AM

5 replies

Oct 21, 2013 6:54 PM in response to ttennebkram

Since this problem is still happening, and is worse some days, I've tried re-posting over on the Stack apple site "Ask Different", and also tried to clarify a few things. Since others have said they're having the same problem (which I'm glad to know, though sorry for you folks), here's the link to the re-posted question: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/105974/problems-with-office-365-and-os- x-mail-inbox

Mail: display problems with Office 365 Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.