Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto- can't move album

In one of my iPhoto libraries, I am unable to move an album. When I click and drag one to a different location/order, the line will not appear that would normally show where the new album will be placed. As I drag, the only thing I see is a circle around other albums showing where the album I am trying to move would be moved as a subfolder of an existing album. No matter how hard I try to drag it between other existing albums, no line will appear- it can not be moved there.

I have several different iPhoto libraries and this only affects one library- all the others work correctly.

I have restarted iphoto, rebooted my computer, deleted the plist, rebuilt the library, deleted some of the albums (thinking maybe there is just a limited number of albums you can create.) None of this worked. It appears to be a bug in just that one library.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 10.8.3

iPhoto '11 9.4.3

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on May 15, 2013 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2013 1:54 PM

I just fixed this but I'll leave the question in case someone else has this problem.

In the iPhoto Library that was having problems, I noticed that in the left column- LIBRARY, RECENT, WEB... there was a heading under WEB called EVENTS. Under EVENTS, there was a Recovered Folder. After I deleted that folder, that EVENTS heading disappeared and now I can move albums. Strange bug.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2013 1:54 PM in response to mjadse

I just fixed this but I'll leave the question in case someone else has this problem.

In the iPhoto Library that was having problems, I noticed that in the left column- LIBRARY, RECENT, WEB... there was a heading under WEB called EVENTS. Under EVENTS, there was a Recovered Folder. After I deleted that folder, that EVENTS heading disappeared and now I can move albums. Strange bug.

iphoto- can't move album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.