Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I try to buy, update, or download something from the MAS

Every time I buy, download, install, or try to update anything from the MAS, this happens. Which is basically nothing.

I bought Mountain Lion yesterday, the MAS has been sitting like this for just on 24 hours with no change. The download hasn't progressed, or given any kind of hint that it has started.

Please help. I'm afraid I have just wasted $25 on poor service.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 15, 2013 2:53 PM

9 replies

May 15, 2013 4:49 PM in response to Trent.W

It's my understanding that the MAS won't sell or let you download Mt Lion on a Mac that can't run it.

Do you have any anti-viral software or firewalls that could interfere? Speak to your ISP about the issue. The MAS works pretty much flawlessly for millions of folks every day, so it is unlikely that the issue is the MAS. It is more likely interference from your ISP or somethingcon your kit.

Try creating a test user account on your Mac and see if the issue follows you to that account.

May 15, 2013 5:37 PM in response to Dah•veed

Okay, so I found and downloaded the MAS application linked from a forum, and it works!! Everything is working flawlessly now. My next question is; how do I replace my old corrupt version of MAS with the one I downloaded? When I try to, it comes up with an error message saying it can't be modified because i'ts needed by the OS.

Every time I try to buy, update, or download something from the MAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.