Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to access new issues of several magazines to which I have subscribed . The update for InStyle is in the US store which I cannot access...any advice?

I am unable to access new issues of several magazines to which I have subscribed . The update for InStyle is in the US store which I cannot access...any advice?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 15, 2013 6:40 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2013 7:11 AM in response to alainefromand

Hello there, alainefromand.

The following Knowledge Base article has some important information about how Newstand works:

iOS: Using Newsstand

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4943

Specifically:

Newsstand updates subscriptions only when using a Wi-Fi connection. If you aren't seeing the latest issue:

1. Verify that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  2. Check Settings > Store to verify that automatic download is enabled for that publication.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

May 18, 2013 10:10 AM in response to alainefromand

Thanks for responding Pedro D...

.I appreciate the feedback ....It is more than not getting the new issues Pedro D...the apps for the Hearst magazines(Good Houskeeping, Redbook and HOuse Beautiful, will not even stay open for me to access the issue...... it opens for 3 seconds then takes me back to the Newstand app...I am able to get other magazines .The InStyle magazine app will open but it asks me to update in order to get new issues......when I try to update it tells me that the updaate is availble only in US store...when I switch to US store...I am told that my apple ID is only able to purchase from the Jamaican store (I live in Jamaica).....I have had no problem getting these mags before .....I went ahead and cancelled automatic updates for these magazines subscription .......but I am unable to get the May issues ..

Thanks again for feedback

Keep Safe

alainefromand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.