Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac app store temporarily unavailable!!!!!

ive been experiencing a problem with the app store on my macbook pro for quite some time now

every time i open the app store it shows a black screen.

User uploaded file

and if i got to the updates i get a message saying that the app store is temporarily unavailable.

its been driving me crazy

i created a new user and the app store works just fine

if any one can help then pleeeeease do!!!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 15, 2013 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2013 6:53 PM

If the MAS works in a test user account and it doesn't work in your account, then there is likely an issue that you will spend forever trying to track down and solve.

Perhaps drag & drop the MAS app in the Trash and then download and install the most recent OS X Combo update for your Mac and let it install a new MAS app.

OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 update combo

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

If that doesn't work then I would search the internet for instructions to migrating your stuff to the test user account and abandon your user account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2013 6:53 PM in response to bu3mair

If the MAS works in a test user account and it doesn't work in your account, then there is likely an issue that you will spend forever trying to track down and solve.

Perhaps drag & drop the MAS app in the Trash and then download and install the most recent OS X Combo update for your Mac and let it install a new MAS app.

OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 update combo

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

If that doesn't work then I would search the internet for instructions to migrating your stuff to the test user account and abandon your user account.

mac app store temporarily unavailable!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.