Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2014 7:38 AM by lorraine_whitton@yahoo.com
AlexanderCorvin Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hello and thank you in advance for your support

I am experiencing a weird issue on my ipad mini:

At least 2-3 times per day I cannot download aaps or updates (tapping the install/update button makes it look like it's resetting to default option and goes back to green install/update)

I have no pending purchases, music videos or music pending download.

It seems that switching to Airplane mode solves the problem temporarely.

I've already done a clean restore without any results.

Tried to sign out and back in to app store, no luck.

Rarely after waiting for about 5-6 minutes I'm requested to enter my password and the update beggins ( w/o switching to Airplane mode)

Does anybody here have the same issue? Any ideas on how to track down the source of this issue?

PS: on my iphone I never had this issue

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 6.1.4
  • Rapha el123 Level 3 Level 3 (620 points)

This sounds very weird. It might be worth trying a reset.

Reset your iPad by pressing the 'Sleep' and 'Home' button at the same time for about 15 seconds or so. Your iPad  will then go through a reset / reboot procedure and will be ready for use within about a minute.

Don't worry about doing this as you will not lose data or settings.

Good luck and do report back.

• AlexanderCorvin Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thank you for the tip.

Unfortunately it does not work.

After not using my iPad for aprox 7 hours I have done exactly what you have suggested before doing anything.

Now I am trying to download a new app and when I tap the "Free" button *the one that displays the price/free* "Install App" appears, and when i tap that I doesn't do anything.

I'm curious if this time, after leaving it as it is, it will prompt me for a password after a few minutes...

----------

After a few minutes it prompted me to enter my Apple ID password to download the app and the download began.

It's weird.....

I simply could not find any fix for this

Message was edited by: AlexanderCorvin

• Tree lover Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same problem but on my iPad. When I tap on the update all button it starts to think then stops. If I try to down load a app it just shows the iCloud button and will not download. Very frustrating!! I need this fixed ASAP if anyone can help.

• JCRocky5 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I now have this issue :-@ tried last night to update a game & when hitting update it does nothing. I get the spinning wheel next to the wifi indicator, downloading new apps doesn't work.

My iphone 5 works fine. It's my ipad 2 that's the issue.

• JCRocky5 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Sorry, to add I tried resetting all setting, signing out of my apple id and restarting multiple time. And still nothing works.

• Mr. Deltoid Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have seen the following suggestions from other people but none worked for me:

1.  Set the calendar ahead one year and then download/update the apps.

2.  Hook your device up to your MAC/PC, go into itunes, uncheck "automatically sync", eject, and then download/update apps

3.  Sign out of itunes on your device (I don't even have any idea how to do that), restart it, and then download/update apps.

4.  Reset all your settings (pain in the rear) and then download/update apps.

What did work for me was I deleted a VPN app on my ipad.  The app is called "ONAVO PROTECT".  I don't know if it's a coincidence and the tasks just worked regardless...but they installed when I deleted that app.

• chefen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi guys

I am faced with the same problem. I can't download or update anything on my iPad 3, in the App Store I get the message: "not possible to buy at the moment, please try later". When syncing with my mac I get the icon spinning but nothing happens.

Everything works well on my iPhone 5, I have tried to reset it and the tricks above.

I am lost

• flboy44 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

CClose to same issue on my ipad3. Started after v7 upgrade. Many apps just hang on the install screen. Have reset, etc. not out of space either

Dave

• phane07 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi flboy44,

i expirienced the same issue with my ipad. i came up to a solution that resolve my problem with downloading apps and update. Try to set automatically your date and time setting. Hope it help.

cheers,

phane

• DlerAgha Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue, but it's appear after we change the internet service company.

• flboy44 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I figured out my issue. IOS7 feels it is smarter than its user. If you go to look at an app that is not for the iPad, instead of showing a message saying not for your device, you get a blank page!

• Marijnvbraak Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue. I starts two weeks ago. An app was downloading but after a half hour i get the message: thsi app could not be downloaded at this time, try again later. I had this for a lot of apps, the weird thing is: i starts downloading and when it is half way it stops.

Another weird thing is, the same issue happends in iTunes on my pc. downloaditunes.png

It will never finish :s

What i have tried:

- reboot ipad

- reset ipad (home button and power button at the same time until it reboots)
    - created another apple id

- updated iTunes on pc

I have no pending downloads

Please help!

• nabilsmarty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

thnx worked for me

• Obieby Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

II'm facing about the same problem now, I'm using ipad mini, when tapping the 'Update' in apps store, it straight open the apps/game! Anyone can help?

Previous 1 2 Next