Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code -36 while copying iMovie files.

I brought back the folders from a friends house while we were working on a project in iMovie. He was having issues, so we decided to try it in Final Cut Pro X at my house. When I copied the files to an SD card, they did so just fine, but when I tried to copy them into my iMovie events and iMovie projects, the files were said to be incompatible and I was given errors -36 and -43. How does one go about copying movie files from one computer to another and then importing them into Final Cut once they're in iMovie? Both machines are running 10.7.5.

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 15, 2013 8:37 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2013 8:56 AM in response to babowa

So what I did was copied the files from iMovie Events and iMovie Projects into my SC card. I then went to my computer and tried to move the files from the SD card into the iMovie Events/Projects folders. When I tried to move them, the Finder said that the .mp4's from within the Events folder were not readable/write-able.

So my basic question is: How do I move iMovie projects from one computer to another?

May 16, 2013 9:44 AM in response to JeffKanel1

I am going to ask the hosts to move this thread to the iMovie forum where the movie gurus hang out. I use it a lot, but have not tried what you are trying to do. My (educated?) guess would be that you can't just move files, but need to export (share) the entire thing (project) since the files are kept in different places or you would not be getting all of it.

Edit: before I ask the hosts, please tell me if you want this moved to the iMovie forum or the Final Cut forum (two very different forums, each with its own experts).

Error Code -36 while copying iMovie files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.