Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 will not turn on

I just used my phone to make a call which lasted 30 minutes I then cancelled the call and put the phone down I then went to check the time and the phone is off and will not turn back on. I've had the phone on charge all night so it has a full battery

iPhone 4

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:57 AM

Have you tried soft resetting the iphone? If not, press and hold the power button and continue holding for 3 seconds. On second 3, continuing to hold the power button, press and hold the home button for 8 seconds. Your iPhone should turn back on.

10 replies

Oct 25, 2013 8:44 PM in response to amit1202

Hi Amit1202 _
iPhone 4 ios 7.0.2

My iPhone 4 has a history of crashing when video of any type is recorded or played! This has occured since I installed 'Splice' and tried to speed up a small video clip. I have been back to Apple twice to try to overcome this but failures continued. They would resolve through a reboot! I had no trouble when I eventually upgraded to ios 7.0.2 . Yesterday I videoed several long sequences - All was OK until I took a break. When I picked up the phone again, it was quite dead even though the battery showed 50% charge remaining as I put it down!
I have tried and tried to get a response from the phone since but no such luck! The vids taken had replayed nicely prior to the later problem.
The phone memory was limited despite me previously freeing up as much as I could prior to filming. Could my problem be that I have overwritten areas of memory needed for the actual running of the ios ??

I am interested Amit1202 - did your problem get resolved?
Can anyone cast any light on my workspace overwrite disaster?

Thanks for reading
Coggoco

Mar 12, 2014 6:11 PM in response to rossb123

rossb123 wrote:

my iphone has turned off and wont turn back on and the soft reset way isnt working?

Try a Restore...

1: Connect the device to Your computer and open iTunes.

2: If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane.

Restoring > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Make sure you have the Latest Version of iTunes (v11.1.x) Installed on your computer

iTunes free download from www.itunes.com/download

My iphone 4 will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.