Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect rotation in Aperture slideshows

When playing a slideshow, the photos are shown rotated as per the original, not my corrected version. Is this a bug?

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:38 PM

Have you set Aperture to render Previews for your images? If not, I'd try to update the previews for the images in the slideshow.

I found, that Aperture showed the images in the slideshow correctly in the right orientation, if high-quality previews wee available, while displaying the slideshow:

From Aperture's main menu bar: Photos > Update Previews.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2013 12:38 PM in response to istacey

Have you set Aperture to render Previews for your images? If not, I'd try to update the previews for the images in the slideshow.

I found, that Aperture showed the images in the slideshow correctly in the right orientation, if high-quality previews wee available, while displaying the slideshow:

From Aperture's main menu bar: Photos > Update Previews.

May 16, 2013 12:53 PM in response to léonie

This might be it!

I keep my originals on an external drive, so I've just played the slideshow with the drive disconnected and the images are the correct orientation.

I'll reconnect the drive and update previews and see if they then work correctly.

This still feels like a bug to me as surely the slideshow should run from a version, not from the orientation of the original??

Thanks,

Ian

Incorrect rotation in Aperture slideshows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.