Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 doesn't have personal hotspot on it. What's the go with that?

Just wondering why my iPhone 5 doesn't have the personal hotspot feature on it, and do I get it?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 15, 2013 11:45 PM

21 replies

Mar 27, 2017 1:36 PM in response to Clino

Hi ! I am an Indian citizen and I too found the same issue with my iPhone 5s. I think few countries don't have cellular option, User uploaded filethey use mobile data options. To use personal hotspot in your device, you have to follow these steps-

1. Go to Setting

2. Mobile data

3. Mobile data options

4. Mobile data network

Below you will find personal hotspot setting.Type "internet" in APN and choose your username and password

Reboot your device and you are good to go.

Aug 27, 2013 1:06 AM in response to Clino

I also had this issue and I was even sent two replacement sims from Optus. It turns out it is because there is a setting on the Optus side to do with the 3G and 4G.

My plan is for 4G and I am in a 4G area however my 'settings' according to the Optus help person were set to 3G only, so they had to have a supervisor over ride to update the segttings. I then had to reset my network and erase, and reload.

They told me if it happens again it can be due to going between 3G and 4G towers and to turn off LTE as that would suggest I am in a 3 G area.

Not sure if this is all true - but it working and I now have the Personal Hotspot back again!

My iPhone 5 doesn't have personal hotspot on it. What's the go with that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.