Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone calendar appointment attachment causes crash

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4S and recurring crash in Calendar. When I add a jpg attachment to an appointment I cannot open the attachment to view - the app crashes.

I've been able to repeat this on my wife's iPhone 4S and her iPad 3 (synced through iCloud), and I've been able to repeat with different attachments.

On my phone I can get the app to crash; sometimes I get a dialog "cannot download" or I get a blank dialog (see screenshot). I've also occasinally got a weird flickering status bar.

User uploaded file

Posted on May 16, 2013 1:22 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2013 9:13 AM in response to PD New Zealand

Hello PD New Zealand,

Thank you for providing all that information about what is going on with the Calendar attachments. I found an article with steps to troubleshoot issues with Calendar attachments:

iCloud: Using and troubleshooting Calendar attachments

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5373

If your attachment meets all the requirements under "Troubleshooting Calendar attachments," then follow the steps under Next Steps for iOS devices.

Best,

Sheila M.

May 18, 2013 3:01 PM in response to sheila_m.

Hi,

The problem fits the requirements, but the solution did not fix the problem...

I can reliably repeat the crash on two iPhones and an iPad. Interestingly on iCloud.com the appointment attachment is not shown.

This is the jpg that is causing the crash (a local sports field). Can anyone else repeat the crash on their iOS device with this file?

User uploaded file

iPhone calendar appointment attachment causes crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.