Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't edit Journal anymore after backup restore (red marked)

I restored my iPhone from my icloud backup.

I can view my (icloud) journal but can't edit it anymore.

It has a red mark now (red band and red cloud)

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 16, 2013 7:10 AM

3 replies

May 16, 2013 4:07 PM in response to alexander269

Did you restore from an older backup? From before the time that the journal was created? Or restore your iPhone as a new device? If your phone now is seen a s new iPhone, you will not be able to edit the Journal again. Only the device that created the Journal can edit it. If you have a newer backup, try that one.

But if that does not help, your only hope would be to delete the Journal and create it again - sorry. There is not any tool provided on the iPhone to reconnedt an iPhone and the Journals.

Léonie

May 17, 2013 12:28 AM in response to léonie

My Backup was a daily iCloud backup - was the newest.

But yes, the device was another one - I got another iPhone from apple as a button didn't worked anymore.

I recovered the iPhone 1:1. It's exactly like before, except the serial-number of the phone. I can accept that just the "creator device" can edit the journal. BUT of course I expect from a (icloud) backup that my journal (the data in iphoto/ the editable journal) is also in the backup. If not- it has to be editable from other devices.

Second point is, the iPhoto-journals are in the icloud, but not integrated in the icloud frontend.

May 17, 2013 2:15 AM in response to alexander269

I recovered the iPhone 1:1. It's exactly like before, except the serial-number of the phone.

And that is the problem. You simply cannot edit a journal on a device that not created it.

See: http://help.apple.com/iphoto/ipad/1.1/#blnkaf3ef70a

You can view your published journals on any devices that are connected to the Internet and set up to work with iCloud. You can edit a journal only with the device you used to create it. For example, if you create a journal on your iPhone and publish to iCloud, you can view your journal in iPhoto on your iPad, but you can change the journal only using your iPhone.

I do not like it either. Send feedback to Apple that they need to do something about it. Journals are pretty useless, if you cannot migrate them to a replacement device.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto_ios.html

Can't edit Journal anymore after backup restore (red marked)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.