Skip navigation

Group Multiple CDs of album together in 11.0.3

5049 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 1:44 PM by Eytan Bernet1 RSS
Eytan Bernet1 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 16, 2013 12:08 PM

Does anyone know what the new iTunes feature of grouping multiple CDs of the same album together means? Is it fixing the problem where sometimes they don't? Does it allow CDs with the names [disc 1] and [disc 2] after them to be grouped together? I have been taking Albums of mutiple CDs and using the "disc" fields and that seems to work.

I really dislike Apple's SCANT help on new features. I had to go dig through the (VASTLY) revamped view options to figure out where the ability to show album art in list view was hidden, and the help files have not been updated with the new mini view. A little more help would be nice Apple...

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 14 GB RAM, 6 TB HD
  • Michael Duffy1 Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)
    May 16, 2013 12:23 PM (in response to Eytan Bernet1)

I have the same issue.  My multi-disc albums still appear as two albums.  I had some with and some without the Disc 1/Disc 2 in the Title.  None of them are grouped.  I'm confused.

Also, agreed on the View Options to see the artwork in Songs view -- that should have defaulted to On.

May 16, 2013 12:59 PM (in response to Michael Duffy1)

I found this screenshot on MacRumors of what is supposed to happen.  I have no idea how they got this to work.  http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=412509&d=1368729332

I got it to 'activate' on a two disc set by setting the option Part of a Compliation to Yes on both discs.  By the way, I had to leave Albums view and come back for it to display properly.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.