Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop the genius program from putting hundreds of songs on my iPhone that I don't want?

How do I turn off the genius program? It automatically syncs and puts hundreds of songs on my phone that I don't want.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2013 1:58 PM

Hello tj2283,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you do not want to sync the Genius Mixes from iTunes to your iPhone. You can configure these settings in iTunes. I found an article that has steps to do this:

iPhone and iPod: Understanding Genius Mixes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3843

You will need to select the option to "Sync selected playlists, artists, and genres, as well as selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes" under Music when you have your iPhone connected and then make sure the boxes in the Genius Mixes section are uncheck:

User uploaded file

I hope this helps!

Best,

Sheila M.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2013 1:58 PM in response to tj2283

Hello tj2283,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you do not want to sync the Genius Mixes from iTunes to your iPhone. You can configure these settings in iTunes. I found an article that has steps to do this:

iPhone and iPod: Understanding Genius Mixes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3843

You will need to select the option to "Sync selected playlists, artists, and genres, as well as selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes" under Music when you have your iPhone connected and then make sure the boxes in the Genius Mixes section are uncheck:

User uploaded file

I hope this helps!

Best,

Sheila M.

How do I stop the genius program from putting hundreds of songs on my iPhone that I don't want?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.