Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications centre using the wrong Facebook profile

When I upgraded to Mountain Lion, my partner happened to be signed in to his Facebook on my MacBook. It seems the Notification Centre is using his Facebook profile, so I'm getting his notifications. I have tried removing it and adding it again, and nothing works. There seems to be no option to 'switch profiles' or anything?

I've gone to System Preferences and made sure that it's my Facebook profile set up in Mail, Contacts & Calendars, but this doesn't seem to make a difference!

Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 16, 2013 1:53 PM

5 replies

May 16, 2013 5:30 PM in response to marianne.sheila

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu. A Finder window should open with a folder named "NotificationCenter" selected. If it does, move the selected folder to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

Notifications centre using the wrong Facebook profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.