Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match and Apple ID

I purchased iTunes Match and got it set up on my Apple ID. I then had to change my email address, and changed my Apple ID to reflect that new email. And for some reason my iTunes will not play any of my music under my previous ID. So I "turned off" iTunes Match and then signed on to iTunes Match with my new email address/ID. It synced all of the music I have purchased/downloaded since starting iTunes Match, and that's it. So I'm missing a large majority of my music.

Posted on May 16, 2013 2:02 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2013 4:10 PM in response to grampy7

See this article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

In particular, see this paragraph:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.

So it may be that you actually created a new Apple ID, and therefore look like a different person to iTunes Match.

Also, from an earlier part of the same article, that would have happened if your original address ended with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.

In these cases, I suggest you do a Store > Authorize This Computer using your old Apple ID and password.

iTunes Match and Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.