Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

narration does not sync

I made a 27 minute Keynote preso and narrated it. The narration started to lag behind the slides. We stuck a blank slide in the number 2 position and it played very well in Quicktime. You don't see the blank slide and the narration is then perfectly coordinated with the slides. However, I need to post it on my website and when I exported it to YouTube, It only plays the narration for slide number one. The slides keep playing but there is not sound. It is as if YouTube saw the blank slide we stuck in to sync up the Keynote.

How do we correct this syncing problem?

Thank you,

Tina

Keynote-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 16, 2013 1:58 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2013 1:30 PM in response to tdupart

I have found narration to be unreliable at its best. The problem exists because there is no syncing mechanism in Keynote to lock the images and the sound together.

The work around is to create separate sound files for each slide. This way the delay is kept within the duration of an individual slide. iMovie, MPEG Streamclip or Quicktime Pro can be used to chop up the file.

narration does not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.