Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i do this i don't see a "use audio for" selection

I am trying to switch the sound output selection to input so i can connect my guitar to garageband but i dont see a "use audio for" selection

Posted on May 16, 2013 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2013 4:13 AM

i have exactly the same problem, could you solve it?

6 replies

May 18, 2013 7:12 PM in response to malcolm007

malcolm007,

Here is a pin description of the 4 pin connector, there impedence and shunting that needs to be taken into consideration, not to mention the response curve that this is optomized for,ie:headset mic response. There could be potential damaged cause by incorrect matching and shunting (shorting certain pins to ground) you might consider calling Apple and see what their response is. You can even try experimenting at your own risk, I myself can make no recomendation and would advise against it as you could risk damaging your device. I found no data that would allow an informed decision on my part. The audio quality would most likely be sub par for a music type of application anyways, as it is most likey optomized for the headset mic as prviously mentioned.

USB interfaces are cheap and most sound good and will definatly provide a safe and flexible way to get in.

IMHO

http://www.speechrecsolutions.com/assets/iPad_and_microphones.pdf

when i do this i don't see a "use audio for" selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.