Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filevault: Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 won't install

Just noticed Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for my MacBook Air (mid-2012).

Using Software Update (App Store.app) to try and install it. It downloads quickly. Then lists some instructions about making sure that the machine is plugged in and warning that after install the computer will shutdown and you should let it rest for at least a minute before turning it back on again.

So I follow the instructions and the computer...restarts; but it doesn't shutdown. Most firmware updates show a gray progress bar along the bottom of the screen immediately after the restart but the gray bar doesn't appear and the Mac goes straight to the login screen. It's just as if I chose File>Restart…

I've tried to install it 3 times now...

I have Filevault enabled on this drive and I'm wondering if that's somehow conflicting with the install?

Anyone see this before or know what's going on?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), MacBook Air

Posted on May 16, 2013 4:55 PM

24 replies

May 17, 2013 12:04 AM in response to Demetrios

Same here.

I also have Filevault enabled, but I don't think that this causes the problem - the Firmware can't be installed on the drive itself (as it is required to access it).

The only thing probably related to the update I found in the log files are these two lines:

17.05.13 08:52:30,439 mds[49]: (Normal) ImportServer: Preparing for software update

17.05.13 08:52:30,738 mds[49]: (Normal) ImportServer: Software update complete

May 18, 2013 11:41 AM in response to Demetrios

I have tried all the above mentioned procedures and none have worked. Strange thing is after I decrypted FileVault2, the Get Info still shows encrypted but it doesn't act like it is encrypted. I will try to encrypt and see what happens. ....... nice, tried to encrypt and sys says it is already encrypted. Something is totally screwed up.

Message was edited by: hambonehead

Filevault: Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.