Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of sizing MiniPlayer artwork in 11.0.3

I just downloaded 11.0.3. Like many others I was disappointed to see that CoverFlow was loss with iTunes 11 but I found a suitable workaround for displaying artwork on large monitors and HDTV. By clicking on the artwork in the playback window at the top of iTunes it launched the MiniPlayer and from that you could expand the view/artwork to full screen and on a 64" HDTV the artwork looked awesome. Now the expansion size is nominal maybe a quarter of that in the previous iTunes version and it looks like a poor little thumbnail image. Probably not a big deal for many but a real let down for those who integrate a Mac Mini or other Mac into their home AV system.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 8GB RAM

Posted on May 16, 2013 7:15 PM

15 replies

May 17, 2013 6:44 AM in response to joepke

Is this working for you in 11.0.3? This worked for me in previous versions of itunes 11 but does not work in the current version of iTunes 11.0.3. I display the artwork on a 64" HDTV which displayed when full screen at about 28" x 28" but now the maximum expansion is 12" x 12' which on a large screen like that looks like a thumbnail.

I don't believe full screen is available any longer but I very much would like to be wrong.

May 20, 2013 10:44 AM in response to joepke

Thanks! After all the trouble I've gone to to update my whole library to minimum 900x900 pixel images so they look good at full screen resolution and then after the 11.0.3 update finding apparently no way to display them, I was beginning to curse Apple again. Why can't they leave anything alone? I'd just about got over the loss of Cover Flow and was used to clicking on the artwork box to full-screen it. Or are they trying to make it difficult on purpose? Don't they understand that a lot of us really like to have full screen artwork?

May 21, 2013 5:08 PM in response to Bob Foss

Yes, KeyHook17, you are right. I don't use a miniplayer at all, but Apple thinks everyone wants one and makes it the default display when you hit the icon in the top iTunes player window. I enjoy my artwork as much as the music (sometimes more), so at least they didn't eliminate the ability to fully enlarge artwork. But like you said, they should have made the max screen view the first thing you see when you click---not the miniplayer. Fortunately, since I have Windows, I just click the Control key---and I have two of them on my keyboard.

Jun 1, 2013 5:13 AM in response to mwheelerk

Wow....just discovered this hugely annoying feature (lack of ability to resize artwork).

Luckily after scouring forums like this I have discovered use of the command key when clicking on the album artwork gets the Artwork size control back....but hey why make this so hidden, and in fact why not make features like this customizable so users can choose which method of operation they want?!!!

Like many others I enjoy the artwork just as much as the music, and I want to see it in large glorious high resolution. For most of my iTunes library I have large 1080x1080 sized artwork images. I want to see it.

Apple you are infuriating. Going back to small thumbnail images is like going back in time...especially when you sold me an iMac with a huge screen and huge resolution. Please sort this out and give us more control, and more options to configure iTunes how we want to use it.

The artwork is just as important part of a release as the music itself. Perhaps I should go back to vinyl and have a full 12" physical cover in front of my face!

Also...whilst you're at it....can you return to the larger artwork image in the bottom left hand corner of iTunes. [not that I expect Apple to read this or take any notice]

Loss of sizing MiniPlayer artwork in 11.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.