Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I make my audio better when recording videos?

what is the best way to enhance audio on videos I make with my iPhone 4?

Posted on May 17, 2013 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2013 11:29 AM

The best advice I can give you is to try and limit background noise as much as possible. If you are outside, try and face the microphone in the opposite direction the wind is blowing, if any at all.

If you're looking to take more professional videos with really enhanced audio I'd take a look at an accessory like this: http://www.rodemic.com/mics/ixy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2013 11:29 AM in response to snarkypuss

The best advice I can give you is to try and limit background noise as much as possible. If you are outside, try and face the microphone in the opposite direction the wind is blowing, if any at all.

If you're looking to take more professional videos with really enhanced audio I'd take a look at an accessory like this: http://www.rodemic.com/mics/ixy

May 18, 2013 12:52 AM in response to BobbyDigital00

Thanks, Bobby 🙂

All good advice.

I went and checked out the link you provided, and started salivating immediately. But $200 is too much for me right now. Looked at the lav (what does that mean?) mic adjacent to it-- lovely, very portable, and almost affordable. I registered, and created a wish list. I think my wedding anniversary or something must be coming up soon...

I was thinking about my barely-there audio today, and just for the fun of it checked my volume button. I NEVER turn it down. Never. But it was, by about half. Does this have any effect on recording, or just ringing? (Can you tell I'm almost totally techno-ignorant?)

Something else occurred to me too. When I was shooting, twice so far (and I am cringing writing this), I was talking really low the whole time. Last night, cuz my hubby was asleep in the next room; this morning, because I didn't want to scare the birds I was videoing away... uh..... Well, DUH.

Actually, I have already bought one of those little capsule mics, found it on Amazon. IT WON'T FIT ON MY PHONE WHILE THE CASE IS ON. And I am scared to death to take the case off! The thing's made out of glass, for cripes sake, and I am a CLUTZ.

Thanks again!! I'll be coming up with plenty more stupid questions for quite a while, I'm sure 🙂

how do I make my audio better when recording videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.