Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other iTunes accounts have downloaded their music to my iPad. I have deleted them and have ghost tracks/data?

My Dad and a couple others bought music on my iPad using their iTunes accounts. I have deleted the albums as I don't want them anymore. They don't not show on the iPad, but when I plug it into iTunes and look at what "What's on my iPad" it has the albums and songs bought, but they are greyed out. I delete them, and then when I plug my iPad in again and they re-appear. This is doing my head in, I don't know how to stop it. Someone please help! https://www.dropbox.com/s/06ufu5jp0xptrbl/image.jpg

iPad, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 17, 2013 5:25 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2013 7:44 AM in response to DistantLights

One can't guarantee anything, but it should resolve the issues. I recently had to take the same approach on my iPhone 4S because the artwork become all jumbled up. Deleting and adding back the media wouldn't do it. If a straight backup then restore doesn't work, restore as a new device, then restore the backup you took. There is a further method called DFU restore which can be used if other approaches fail. You need to have all the apps and media that should be going onto the device in your library, then backup the current state of the device, and immediately restore it. This will give you a snapshot of the current state of the device which can be used again if the initial restore fails, or doesn't completely fix things.

tt2

Other iTunes accounts have downloaded their music to my iPad. I have deleted them and have ghost tracks/data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.