Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My system sound volume resets to 100% at shut down. Why? And how can I fix it? Tried PRAM

Just in the past few days my iMac has decided it needs to reset its system sound volume to 100#% every time I shut it down, so it can blast me off my chair when I start it up next. No amount of adjusting the volume, from system prefs or menu bar will keep it where I want it. Tried resetting PRAM and system manager. Nothing. It just will not hold the volume setting.

Has anyone got any ideas for fixing this?

I'm using Lion - it isn't on the choice list of OSs.

Posted on May 17, 2013 11:56 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2013 12:14 AM in response to baltwo

Well gee thanks Baltwo, but I don't need instruction in the use of drop-down menus. Had my OS been listed when i hit the drop-down, I'd surely have hit on my OS had it been there.

But it wasn't, you see.. Why? I don't know. Perhaps the display problem I've benn having with my iMac since last August. The display problem that the geniuses at my local Apple store can't fix because they can't decide if my machine needs a new Vcard or not. But they can sure keep my computer for a week playing with it and charging me for it.

Sorry, but I'm tired of zero help from Apple with issues and irrelevant rsponses to my requests for help.

My system sound volume resets to 100% at shut down. Why? And how can I fix it? Tried PRAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.