Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which graphic card for imac mid 2007??

I am looking for upgrade my graphic card on my Imac (mid 2007)

2 gb video memory, which is a good choice?

Thank you,

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 17, 2013 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 1:17 PM

I have the same Imac and have taken it apart. I also have pictures of the video card removed fromt the slot on the motherboard. Also, refer to this ifixit guide:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+20-Inch+EMC+2133+and+2210+Video+Card+Repl acement/1014

that shows how to remove the video card from a mid 2007 Imac (20 inch LCD).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2014 1:17 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I have the same Imac and have taken it apart. I also have pictures of the video card removed fromt the slot on the motherboard. Also, refer to this ifixit guide:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+20-Inch+EMC+2133+and+2210+Video+Card+Repl acement/1014

that shows how to remove the video card from a mid 2007 Imac (20 inch LCD).

May 17, 2013 1:49 PM in response to imatty198

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

The Mid 2007 iMac has got the graphic card soldered onto the logic board, so you can't replace it without replacing the logic board. Also, your computer needs a specific logic board, so it will make impossible the task to replace the graphic card. I don't recommend you to try that

May 17, 2013 3:12 PM in response to imatty198

To add to Mende 1's response, if replacing your iMac's GPU was,possible, it can only be replaced by whatever optional GPU was available for your iMac's model year. No other newer GPU will ever work in your iMac.

iMac's are all-in-one conputers made with no user replaceable/upgradeable parts other than user replaceable RAM.

So, there is no viable way to service and update your iMac's GPU.

If you need a better, faster iMac, then you need to either look and purchase a newer model iMac or look at the brand new iMacs.

Other than this, you are out of luck with installing a better, faster GPU.

Which graphic card for imac mid 2007??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.