Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my CD music to my iPhone and/or my iPad?

How do I transfer my CD music and field recordings I have made of friends playing music from my mac computer to my iPhone or iPad? I wish to take some music travelling with me, also language CDs and it is more convenient to take it all on one device. In the past I have carried my laptop with all I need. This time I want to travel lighter with just my iPad.

Alexandrina123

iPhone 5

Posted on May 17, 2013 4:08 PM

11 replies

Sep 3, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Ereggae

If you are having trouble importing CDs into iTunes and playing that music,

please provide some more details as to what you have tried, what happened

and if there were any error messages, what was the exact complete text of those

messages.

I am experiencing no such problems importing CDs into iTunes and then playing

the music on several iMacs and iOS devices. Nor have I had any problem doing

so in several years.

Sep 4, 2015 2:01 AM in response to imobl

I had to restore an Ipad which froze after using 'find my phone' utility. However in order to restore it, the new iOS 8.4.1 was automatically installed on it. I backed up the ipad content which was 62-63 GB so almost full, mostly songs and videos. When I restored the old content on the new IOS 8, not everything was synched: all the videos have been removed and only songs bought from iTunes are synched. we lost about 1/3 of our library contents. he is an image of one of the iTunes playlists: all the greyed out songs cannot be restored and they are music downloaded from CDs. So a list of 48 songs is not only 10. Regarding the videos, no luck there at all: they need to be re-downloaded from the Apple Store, which is a pain but not as bad as the loss of our CD music. We don't get any error or messages.

User uploaded file

How do I transfer my CD music to my iPhone and/or my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.