Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor Quality Image on TV plugged to Thunderbolt HDMI

Hello.

So here is the thing, i bought a mini display port to hdmi cable (a generic cable, bought at dealextreme), I plugged it in my sony bravia to my mbp late 2011.

But everything looks strange, the text is blurry and it looks really bright.

So I boot camped to windows 7, and everything was fine, the image and text was cristal clear.

Does anybody know what may be causing this problem? As i said, its a generic cable, altought everything was fine when running windows 7.

I couldnt quite formulate this question to google, so i'm sorry if this is a normal problem and there's already an answer in the community.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), macbook pro late 2011 generic cable

Posted on May 17, 2013 5:43 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2013 6:08 AM in response to Leo Oshiro

Hi Leo,

When troubleshooting issues with external displays and output, I find the following resource to be helpful:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1573

Specifically, we may want to make sure the resolution of your computer is compatible with the resolution of the display (you may need to tweak this for fine tuning).

Thanks,

Matt M.

Poor Quality Image on TV plugged to Thunderbolt HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.