Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does printer not work after network password changed?

I changed the password on my Airport Extreme (5th Gen) which is connected to an iMac,base, and now my HP Photosmart C4750 will not print. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the printer software using the original HP printer CD. The error message "The selected WI-Fi Network "network name" is not within the reach of the device." Do I have to change the password back in order for it to work on my wireless?

Appreciate any assistance.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 17, 2013 9:09 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2013 12:41 AM in response to dmgva

Hi,

The software provided for Mountain Lion does not offer any wireless configuration, therefore it may not work well on the OS.

Connect the printer to the network through the EWS by following the steps below:

Step one: Restore the printer's network default settings

1. Touch the ATM button (User uploaded file) next to Wireless / Scan .
  2. Touch the ATM button (User uploaded file) next to Wireless Menu
  3. Touch the ATM button (User uploaded file) next to Wireless Settings .
  4. Use the up and down ATM buttons (User uploaded file) to select Restore Network Defaults , and then press OK .
  5. Touch the ATM button (User uploaded file) next to Yes to confirm your selection.

Step two: create a temporary network connection with the printer to access its EWS

1. Click the Wi-Fi icon on your Mac.
  2. Click on Join Other Networks.
  3. Click on Show Networks.
  4. Select the HPSETUP network and click on Connect
  5. Allow 2-3 minutes to establish the connection.

Step three: Follow the Wireless Setup Wizard from teh EWS

1. Open Safari and click the Bookmarks icon, select Bonjour from that window
    Note: if the Bonjour option is missing under the Bookmarks menu click on Safari > Preferences > Bookmarks and check the Bonjour box within the Collections section.
  2. From Bonjour double click the C4750. the EWS appears.
  3. Open the Networking tab.
  4. Click on Wireless.
  5. Click the Start Wizard button on the bottom right side of that screen and follow the steps to connect the printer to your network.

Once you are done, reconnect your Mac to your home network by following step two but selectng your home network.

Shlomi

May 18, 2013 2:40 PM in response to ShlomiL

Please explain what "EWS" means. Although I did not know what "ATM" meant, I followed the instructions in "Step one" and restored the defaults (all on the printer screen). One additional step I did was to "Enable Wireless" and the blue light was on to indicate active.

Step two - HPSETUP is not among the wireless networks available. There are several neighbor networks listed though. I tried typing it in and it did not come up.

Step three - Enabled Bonjour/Collections, but C4750 did not show up.

I do appreciate your help. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

why does printer not work after network password changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.