Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[XCode] - Can not run accept after inserting iOS SDK 5.1 into XCode 4.5.2

Dear all,

I have following questions about installing/uninstalling and using XCode, would you please help me consult about them?

1) Phenomenon error: iOS Simulator 5.1 and 6.0 always freeze when code line execute accept() socket.

This error happens after i inserting the iOS SDK 5.1 from XCode 4.3.3 to XCode 4.5.2.

Reason:

1.1) - Before inserting iOS SDK 5.1, we have default iOS SDK 6.0 and iOS Simulator 6.0.

So the application can pass through the accept() function (socket programming).

- After inserting iOS SDK 5.1, iOS Simulator 5.1 my code can not run through the accept() function.

- I click to change to iOS Simulator 6.0, my code can not run through the accept() function, too.

1.2) - I tried to remove XCode by delete it from /Application, delete from launchpad and reset Dock.

- I also delete all xcode items by doing following sentences:

"If you want a really clean uninstall, you should also consider deleting preference files in ~/Library/Preferences/

(e.g. com.apple.dt.Xcode* - same holds for iPhoneSimulator and Instruments).

Other directories to check are ~/Library/Developer and its subfolders as well as ~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator.

However, if you plan a clean reinstall, you might want to backup data from ~/Library/Developer/Xcod" -

(Tafkadasoh Oct 10 '12)

1.3) - I re-setup XCode 4.3.3 to XCode 4.5.2. But at this time, there is nothing installation into system, XCode.app open only.

(I know this is one characteristic of XCode from version 4.3 to 4.6).

Question is: - Why in XCode Preferences -> Download -> Components area at thist time, we can not see any iOS Simulator or Command Line Tools here?

Especially, the iOS Simulator did not appeare in here !!! (Although it is staying inside the XCode.app package)

I also tried to install Command Line Tools for version 4.5.2 and 4.6.2 but it did not display at Components area, too.

- With the default iOS Simulator 6.0 that we can choose from Toolbar (this does not display in Components area, too),

after click Run button, and code line jump to accept() function, the freeze phenomenon will appear.

It likes the listening socket can not recognized or the signal could not come to listening socket, so it always wait at accept() function.

If anyone else have two same issue as above, would you please consult me about those issue.

Thanks in advanced,

NewbieToMac84

Message was edited by: newbietomac84

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 18, 2013 2:46 AM

There are no replies.

[XCode] - Can not run accept after inserting iOS SDK 5.1 into XCode 4.5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.