Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iTunes Library to new Apple ID

OK...I have been trying to backup my ipad2 on my icloud. My computer tells me it can't because the cloud is full. This is apparently due to my daughter's library & storage. I know now that she needs to create a new apple ID and get her things over there. So my questions are...

1. Once she creates a new apple ID, how does she transfer her library?

2. What becomes of the library that is currently clogging up my cloud? How do I manage that (how can I get it off of mine...and will it affect hers at all if it is deleted)?

3. I'm assuming Apple no longer allows customer to emial them - looked for hours and can't find anything. What am I missing?

I hope this makes sense. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Duane

Posted on May 18, 2013 9:04 AM

1 reply

May 18, 2013 1:08 PM in response to DD1218

iTunes Store purchases can not be transfered between Apple IDs. Also, iTunes in the Cloud purchases do not take up iCloud storage. Something else is taking up the storage space in your iCloud account. You can see what is taking up the storage in the cloud by going to System Prefs > iCloud and clicking the Manage button in the lower right.

Transferring iTunes Library to new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.