Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please add apple time service to bootcamp 5.0 on windows 8. Time changes.

So i have an issue with bootcamp 5 that i wasnt getting with bootcamp 4 on windows 8

since upgrading to 5 my windows time changes to the wrong time both on boot and after syncing the time with the internet servers.

On boot camp 4 i was able to disable the apple time service so this wouldnt happen i belive.

on bootcamp 5 this service doesnt appear to be active or accessable any more.

is there a way to ..either reinstante this service in bootcamp 5 so i can promptly disable it and fix the time reset bug.

or implement some other solution that remedies this core issue.

Aside from that Bootcamp 5 is great in windows 8. Love the fact that the usb ports on the keyboard are now full power!!! its just this time bug that makes using this update usless.

thanks.

Bootcamp-OTHER, Windows 8, Bootcamp 5.0.503 time changing.

Posted on May 18, 2013 12:02 PM

5 replies

May 20, 2013 4:21 PM in response to Csound1

so in windows 8 that registry entry allready exisits. Im pretty sure i disabled the "update from internet" time setting at one point which didnt have any effect. Time still jumped.

I have reverted back to bootcamp 4.0 since updgrading to 5.0 using a system restore point. (Thank f%#% it saved one as i was unable to simply "uninstall bootcamp") (something to work on perhaps apple??)

and promptly disabled apple time service. so everything is back in working order.

i dont see why this cant be done on 5.0.

Jun 26, 2013 7:35 PM in response to Boonta

I had this problem and tried the same route, but perhaps the solution in Boot Camp 5 is simplier than we thought:

1. Make sure that the RealTimeIsUniversal is set as described in the topics above (perhaps Boot Camp 5 adds it automatically - I have found that I have two keys with the same name on the registry).
  2. Restart and login to Mac OS.
  3. Set the correct time there.
  4. Restart back to Windows.

Thanks to Microsoft support forum, found the solution there:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/macbook-air- windows-8-time-and-date-issue/9b91870b-188c-40e9-a56d-940a59262c19?tm=1372299620 984

please add apple time service to bootcamp 5.0 on windows 8. Time changes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.