Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound or strange sounds when trying to record guitar

Hi!

I'm new to Logic Pro, after having worked with garageband for many years. I've just been trying to record guitar through my audio interface, with strange results. I've set my audio in and output source as my M-Audio firewire solo, created an audio track, and selected the guitar sound I want. At first there was no input, then when I deleted the first track and created a new one, I could hear the guitar through the monitor and it was being input, but it had a horrible distorted and out of tune sound - and that was how it sounded when I recorded it too. Then I tried it again and it seemed to be working fine for about 5 minutes - it sounded fine through the headphones and the recording was right - but then went back to the strange sounds again - without me changing anything!

I'm using Logic Pro 9.1.8, on a Macbook Pro running Mac OSX 10.8.3, and have a M-Audio Firewire Solo audio interface.

I'm very frustrated right now - so I'd be grateful for any help!

Thanks,

Stephen

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 18, 2013 11:48 AM

1 reply

May 20, 2013 9:59 AM in response to stephenhis

Hi stephenhis,

If you are having issues with imput audio in Logic Pro, the first place to start would be with some basic isolation troubleshooting to see if the issue can be localized. That should provide a good basis for further troublshooting should the issue persist.

Logic Pro 8 and 9: Troubleshooting basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

Regards,

- Brenden

No sound or strange sounds when trying to record guitar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.