Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weird artifact from Aperture on my Desktop

when i have aperture open and i /minimize/ the Aperture window i see this artifact on my desktop. it is not editable or otherwise selectable and appears to ge the custom EXPORT DIALOG for Aperture.

the guys in the Aperture forum were stumped as this did not appear to be a graphics card issue.

can anyone suggest what to do?

i have Tech Tools Pro and Disk Utility and in both cases the disk seems to have checked out fine but i am an admitted newbie for checking for disk problems.

TIA

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), with 64 bit Win7 Boot Camp | iCloud

Posted on May 18, 2013 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2013 6:17 PM

I've never seen anything like that in my life. I'm stumped.

What happens if you quit Aperture; does it stay like that?

4 replies

May 18, 2013 10:05 PM in response to hotwheels22

So it is still going on? I have not seen any solution to this, since you posted your question first here two weeks ago.

weird aperture artifact

In your previous thread you mentioned that your drive might be failing? Have you done anything about your drive since then or is your setup still the same?

If you are having an empty external drive to spare, make a test installation (clean install) of Mountain Lion and nothing but Aperure on that drive - no BootCamp or any helper Applications - and test, if Aperture runs with that setup.

May 20, 2013 8:26 AM in response to léonie

hi leonie and william.

thanks for the help here.

i just started up aperture and noticed this thing again. it is really odd in that i think it is located in the same spot all the time and also that i see it when i minimize aperture. it is not there when i close aperture which i suppose is an indication that this is software specific? anyway.

i had thought that i was posting this time in the Lion forum so i am not sure if i made a mistake here or if the post got moved or something. in any event from everything i can gather over here in running tech tools pro and disk utility my primary disks seems fine (i have my OS on one drive and store my data on another drive) and it was the internal /backup/ of my OS drive that was failing and which has since been replaced.

anyway, i am typically overloaded with computer and other things to do and i am regretting that i am not sure i will find the time to install Aperture on a test OS. i am hoping to upgrade the desktop at some point soon and i have to spend time on getting back an XP installation to get some old software working again as well.

in short my apologies for reposting. i thought i was looking for generic OS troubleshooting help.

do you guys think this is something that needs to be pursued more aggressively on my end? i ran the less invasive "refresh" option in Aperture not too long ago (i forget if what this is called but i did not do the more aggressive option as the documentation seems to suggest not doing this unless absolutely necessary...) and while nothing seems to be wrong i don't want to overlook this as an indication of some kind of warning.

THANKS

weird artifact from Aperture on my Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.