Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes isn't connected to my tracks

The location of iTunes on my Windows 7 laptop is:

C:Users\Margie\Music/iTunes\iTunes media\album title

and it works great. But I also wanted iTunes to be on my xp.

So I downloaded all of my iTunes Media file onto a big flash drive. Then I plugged the flash drive into my Windows xp, placed the iTunes media folder on the xp's desktop. Then I looked for a Music folder and then iTunes--and I dragged and dropped the iTunes Media folder into that location.

However, it didn't work. iTunes doesn't recognize any of my music (I even uninstalled iTunes and all its buddies.) I then went looking for the music and found it (see below.) I don't see how I can recreate the same location on my xp system since that system doesn't have "Users" or "Margie" available in the C: drive. So, anyway, this is the current, incorrect location of my iTunes on my xp:

C:Documents and Settings\Administrator Documents\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes media\album title

Help, I know how to move folders, etc. but xp doesn't have the same names available for me to figure out how to arrange things in their appropriate location.

Thank you.

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on May 18, 2013 12:58 PM

1 reply

iTunes isn't connected to my tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.