Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy playlist on iTunes onto iPhone? I can only find Music files in iTunes, but not iPhone folders to copy onto

I have iTunes 11.0.2.26 on my Windows XP. I have created a playlist on iTunes and I am unable to copy it onto my iPhone. When I open the Music on my computer that also contains the playlist I do not find my iPhone deatails .

In the earlier version of iTunes, I used to find the Music list on my hard disk (copied onto iTunes) on the top left side and the foldelrs of my iPhone below. I could simply copy the playlist onto my iPhone by dragging from the upper portion.

However in the present version of iTunes 11.0.2.26 I do not find the above feature. I can find an icon for my iPhone on the toolbar, but when I click that, the contents on the iTunes disappears from the screen. I am not able to see both the iTunes contents and the iPhone contents in the same screen that would allow me to copy the playlist.

I tried various posts on the Support Community blogs, but none of them is giving any workable solution. It would be good if the solutions are provided with screen prints.

Thanks

Sai Chimalakonda

iPhone 3G, Windows XP

Posted on May 18, 2013 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2013 12:16 PM

Hello, Chimalakonda.

Thank you for the question. Here is an article that brings back both the sidebar and menu bar of iTunes that you are familiar with. To enable the menu bar you can press Control-B. To enable the Sidebar press Control-S or select view then show Sidebar. Once these are back, attempt to drag and drop your playlist as you have prior. See the section labeled Show or hide the Status Bar and Sidebar.

iTunes 11: Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5649

Hope this helps.

Jason H.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2013 12:16 PM in response to Chimalakonda

Hello, Chimalakonda.

Thank you for the question. Here is an article that brings back both the sidebar and menu bar of iTunes that you are familiar with. To enable the menu bar you can press Control-B. To enable the Sidebar press Control-S or select view then show Sidebar. Once these are back, attempt to drag and drop your playlist as you have prior. See the section labeled Show or hide the Status Bar and Sidebar.

iTunes 11: Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5649

Hope this helps.

Jason H.

May 20, 2013 2:16 PM in response to jason269

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for at least helping me to bring familiar screens onto the iTunes page. I notice that even after syncing my iPhone with my iTunes, I am unable to drag and copy playlists from iTunes onto my iPhone.The iPhone folders do not "light-up" but remain greyed and playlists do not get copied.

If I try to select "Music" tab of my iPhone and click on Sync Music I see the box that warns "Are you sure you want to remove existing movies, TV shows, books and tones from this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?" The fact is, I do not want to remove anything from my iPhone and the iTunes does not help me append any playlists. Will appreciate if you can help me with getting around this problem.

Thanks

May 20, 2013 2:40 PM in response to Chimalakonda

Chimalakonda,

Normally the message received means it has been originally synced with another computer or there was hardware maintenance to this computer. You can sync with multiple computers. However, in order to do this you must process these steps below on the original computer it was synced with or it will have to process an erase and sync. I have included the article that covers how to process these steps. Start with the section Manual Mode.

Using iPhone, iPad, or iPod with multiple computers

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1202

-Jason H.

copy playlist on iTunes onto iPhone? I can only find Music files in iTunes, but not iPhone folders to copy onto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.