Something wrong. You are in Restore/Recovery Mode:
Try restore first before you try Recovery Mode as shown below.
1. Turn off iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, slide to turn off.
2. Connect USB cable to computer; leave the other end alone
3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad
4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen
5. Release the Home button
6. Open iTune (make sure you have the newest version of iTune)
7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"
8. Use iTune to restore iPad
Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad
Message was edited by: Diavonex