Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand '09 Buggy After Mountain Lion Upgrade

Hi All-

As has been reported by users in some other posts, I continue to run into issues with GarageBand '09 after upgrading my MacBook to Mountain Lion.

The main issue is that the Track Info window is blank and I can't access the options for editing a new track.

I have deleted the preferences, as suggested by other users, which temporarily solved the problem. After doing so, I'm able to create a new track and I can to configure the amp, effects, etc.

However, because I'm trying to record with headphones, I went into Garageband Preferences and switched the Output to the built-in audio. I then closed the Preferences window and the track info disappeared again.

I deleted the preferences again and had the same result.

I tried to record nonetheless, but I ran into a secondary issue: I could not toggle between tracks. I added a drum loop and when I tried to click on that loop so I could adjust the volume, it would not respond. I added a new track and that was frozen as well. I clicked back on the drum track numerous times, but no luck.

I'm not sure what other info might help diagnose the problem, but I'm happy to provide if additional data might help.

Do any of you have some suggestions I might consider in addition to deleting the preferences? Any chance this could be an issue that Apple might address in an update? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 18, 2013 5:56 PM

There are no replies.

GarageBand '09 Buggy After Mountain Lion Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.