Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro to HDMI LG TV

I have a Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.2 that was manufactured in the 3rd week of January 2010. I am attempting to connect it to LG 1080p TV. I have the mini adapter for the Mac with the HDMI receptacle on it. I plugged in the Mini adapter with an HDMI cable running to the TV. I selected mirroring in the system preferences, it shows connecting and on the Mac it shows the match to the LG TV and will go back and forth between a blank screen and a snowy screen, but no picture ever appears. I'm wondering if the Mac is just too old. Any ideas?

Posted on May 18, 2013 7:59 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2013 6:43 AM in response to Mom51035

Hi Mom51035,

If you're having trouble getting the TV to display the MacBook Pro's video, I would recommend looking through this article and trying the troubleshooting suggestions to see if you can resolve it or at least determine the source of the issue:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

Cheers!

- Ari

Jun 30, 2014 7:42 PM in response to Mom51035

I have the same issue, I have 2 Mac's, Mac book pro and Mac air running OS X 10.8. I am usually pretty handy with this stuff and nothing I have done or looked for has been able to figure this out. My computer detects the LG tv and even detects it as an LG TV however the TV continues to say no signal when trying to use it as a display. I'm certain this issue is related to the TV/Mac interaction but there are no good answers out there. Please help if you found the solution! thanks

Macbook Pro to HDMI LG TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.