Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode will not work in netflix

Recently Netflix has stopped allowing me to view anything besides homescreen in portrait mode. I already knoew about the switch and never had it set for that i use it for mute. And i also already knoew about the lock portrait mode icon you get to after pressing the home button twice and swiping until you get to it. STILL as soon as i launch a video it turns into fraking landscape... its really ******* me off as i have all my cradles and docks orientered to portrait mode. Can anyone please help?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4, 64gb

Posted on May 18, 2013 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2013 12:41 AM

Nobody can help you, the app is working as intended.

9 replies

May 19, 2013 1:14 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Untrue. i have had the app for over a year and would not have installed my workbench cradle in the portrait mode if it did not work. Have been using netflix in portrait mode for over a year. Your response is clearly true now but that has not always been, i have pictures to prove from iphone. But thanks for the response. I will just have to adjust everything.

Jul 10, 2013 1:43 AM in response to Excelon72

I actually have a backed up .ipa of the old version of netflix. I'm sure i could email it to anyone who is having this kind of problems, you just need to uninstall your ipad version, install the ipa i send in the itunes and sync them.

I don't think this is against any rules here, but if it is, sorry, i will remove my post. Meanwhile, feel free to send me a message or something, this is actually my first post here, since i had this problem before, im trying to help out people with it.

Jul 10, 2013 7:13 AM in response to BlackZio

Right click on that file in iTunes and selecet get info. You will see that your Apple ID is embeded within the file along with your the ourchase date. Sharing it with someone else will not work unless you are willing to give them your Apple ID password so they could authorize their computer to use that app. Othereose, it is worthless to anyone. This prevents people from sharing files AKA piracy.

Portrait mode will not work in netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.