Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with serial number

For some inexplicable reasons, every time i open my aperture it asks me for the serial number. Now, I've purchased the first aperture when it came and subsequently upgraded up to the current version, but it appears my Mac does not really want to make me happy...

Looked online already and I have tried to delete the file in the library to get it fixed... the result is that for a couple of minutes it does work but, after then, no luck...

Can someone direct me towards an apple rep and get me in touch with them? for as much as i loathe digital downloads, I might as well switch onto a Mac app store version and be done with this continuous bugging DRM...

Thanks a lot in advance for any other suggestions you might want to throw at me.

A

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 19, 2013 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2013 12:56 AM

Alessandro,

I might as well switch onto a Mac app store version and be done with this continuous bugging DRM...

what is your current Aperture version? If your profile signature is correct "iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)", you cannot run the current AppStore Aperture version, that requires MacOS X 10.7.5 or later. But if you are running Lion or Mt. Lion, you can update your current Aperture to 3.4.4 without paying the AppStore. Purchasing Aperture new from the AppStore will give you the same version as deleting Aperture from the Applications folder, reinstalling from your latest installation DVD or the Aperture Trial Installer (Aperture 3.1 Trial) and running Software update.

Looked online already and I have tried to delete the file in the library to get it fixed...

The file in the library? Are you referring to this procedure? Are you signed in as an Administrator, when you are entering your serial numbers? If not, try that.

One problem with the serial number may be, that you migrated an old "ProAppSystemID" file, that may be corrupted or write protected.

• Check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.
  • Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.

Sometimes Aperture cannot write to the system library, if there are permission problems.

If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

• Use the Finder's "Go" menu
  • Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2013 12:56 AM in response to alessandrofromportland

Alessandro,

I might as well switch onto a Mac app store version and be done with this continuous bugging DRM...

what is your current Aperture version? If your profile signature is correct "iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)", you cannot run the current AppStore Aperture version, that requires MacOS X 10.7.5 or later. But if you are running Lion or Mt. Lion, you can update your current Aperture to 3.4.4 without paying the AppStore. Purchasing Aperture new from the AppStore will give you the same version as deleting Aperture from the Applications folder, reinstalling from your latest installation DVD or the Aperture Trial Installer (Aperture 3.1 Trial) and running Software update.

Looked online already and I have tried to delete the file in the library to get it fixed...

The file in the library? Are you referring to this procedure? Are you signed in as an Administrator, when you are entering your serial numbers? If not, try that.

One problem with the serial number may be, that you migrated an old "ProAppSystemID" file, that may be corrupted or write protected.

• Check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.
  • Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.

Sometimes Aperture cannot write to the system library, if there are permission problems.

If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

• Use the Finder's "Go" menu
  • Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

Regards

Léonie

Issues with serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.