8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2013 7:33 PM by Aopo
LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I opened iTunes today and it said there was an update available

Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 3.23.47 AM.png

Clicking the button took me to the App Store app, where it said "No Updates Available"

Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 3.24.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 3.24.03 AM.png

I had noticed this when the Thunderbolt update came out and it didn't appear either (I thought it wasn't meant for my MBP, but now I know it is). I've repaired the disk, permissions, booted in Safe Mode and still won't show iTunes or the Thunderbolt update. I don't know what else to do.

Please help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 15-inch / 2.2 / Early 2011
Solved by SMagoon on May 20, 2013 8:22 PM Solved

I had the same problem and circumstances.  Checked updates under my Admin account and things seemed to be back to normal.  Inoticed this first a few days ago with iMovie and then today with iTunes.  The above procedure corrrected it.

Reply by woodmeister50 on May 19, 2013 3:23 AM Helpful

Another thing to check, make sure that the volume on your

hard drive that contains OSX and Applications has Spotlight

indexing enabled and also that all the relevent items in the search

results pane are checked.  The Mac App Store uses Spotlight to

catalog the Application folder and OSX to determine updates.

All replies

• Paul_31 Level 6 Level 6

Your pictures aren't showing, for some reason.

Not sure why Software Update isn't doing what it should do, but you could download the iTunes update directly from Apple's downloads pages:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1614

You could consider re-applying the update to 10.8.3 using the combo, which sometimes fixes odd issues:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

Ensure you have full backup you can restore from before updating.

• woodmeister50 Level 5 Level 5
    expertise.serversenterprise
    Servers Enterprise

Another thing to check, make sure that the volume on your

hard drive that contains OSX and Applications has Spotlight

indexing enabled and also that all the relevent items in the search

results pane are checked.  The Mac App Store uses Spotlight to

catalog the Application folder and OSX to determine updates.

• LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1

Thanks for your reply! I know I can download and install iTunes manually, but it'd be "bread today, hunger tomorrow". I want to fix the root issue, and reinstalling 10.8.3 would be one of the last things to try.

• LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1

Thanks for your reply! Just checked Spotlight settings and they're unchanged. I wonder who would disable Spotlight since it's so awesome...

• LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1

I use a limited account for me, and have another admin user for installing software and changing system settings. I logged on with it and checked for updates there and they appeared. Stayed there when I logged on back to my user too. Maybe it's a user profile specific issue? But now that the updates are showing, I don't know if the root issue is fixed or not...

• SMagoon Level 1 Level 1

I had the same problem and circumstances.  Checked updates under my Admin account and things seemed to be back to normal.  Inoticed this first a few days ago with iMovie and then today with iTunes.  The above procedure corrrected it.

• LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1

Thank you very much, SMagoon. Now that I received an update to Delicious Library 3, I can attest the problem is fixed.

• Aopo Level 1 Level 1
    • Open App Store app
    • Go to Updates page
    • Choose Reload Page from Store menu
    • This fixed it for me