Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I buy a book in iPhoto11?

I tried 8 times to buy a book but error message appeared when uploading! I upgraded the OS to mountain lion and updated the iPhoto11 already. What can I do?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Problem in buying book in iPhoto11

Posted on May 19, 2013 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2013 1:49 AM

but error message appeared when uploading!

What is the error message? There may be several reasons for the upload to fail.

13 replies

May 19, 2013 2:23 AM in response to ccs074

If it was something like "An unknown error occurred, please try again later", that can mean many things:

1. Your book may contain photos with unprintable image files.
  2. iPhoto may not be able to connect to the store because of network problems or firewalls, anti virus software.
  3. Your AppleID may not be valid at the Print store you selected.

Unprintable image files: Have you checked, if the book is o.k.? That is, if it does not contain any file that cannot be rendered?

iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Could you preview the book or print it to pdf? Sometimes the upload may be hanging, if one of your image files cannot be processed properly. Removing that image from the book and replacing it by another one usually helps. This can happen if the original master image file is corrupted or the filename of the image is too long or contains ctrl-characters.

Network: Temporarily turn off any firewalls, Antivirus software. Try to boot into safe Mode and to upload the book again:

See: Mac OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

AppleID and Print Store:

Set the "Print Products Store" in the iPhoto Preferences panel > Advanced to the country of your billing address in your AppleID settings. The credit card used with your AppleID needs to be valid in that county. You may need to check your Password and Security question on "MyAppleID":

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

Your password and answers to security questions need to be obey apple's new rules for safety.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

May 19, 2013 11:58 AM in response to ccs074

Before you try to order again create a PDF file of the book as described in this Apple document: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Check the pdf file for any errors, missing text or photos. Then order the book. Keep the pdf file to compare to the hard copy version when you receive it. If there are any discrepancies you can contact Apple.

OT

May 19, 2013 5:15 PM in response to léonie

I tried the three methods:

1. PDF file is successfully generated, but still the book cannot be ordered!

2. The Mac is booted as safe mode. Before 'assembly and upload' window appears, a message pop-up: "iPhoto quit unexpectedly'. The situation repeated even reopen iPhoto.

3. The AppleID is confirmed to be valid in my country and still the book cannot be ordered!

Finally, I try to reboot the Mac normally and I turn off the antivirus scanning on browser manually. And the order of the book is OK!

Thanks for giving your suggestion!

May 19, 2013 5:15 PM in response to Old Toad

I tried the three methods:

1. PDF file is successfully generated, but still the book cannot be ordered!

2. The Mac is booted as safe mode. Before 'assembly and upload' window appears, a message pop-up: "iPhoto quit unexpectedly'. The situation repeated even reopen iPhoto.

3. The AppleID is confirmed to be valid in my country and still the book cannot be ordered!

Finally, I try to reboot the Mac normally and I turn off the antivirus scanning on browser manually. And the order of the book is OK!

May 20, 2013 2:40 AM in response to ccs074

Great, that you could order your book finally.🙂 So it was the antivirus scanning this time, interesting. What antivirus software are you using?

Regards

Léonie

Why can't I buy a book in iPhoto11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.