Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 loudspeaker mic/siri/voice to text not picking up sound.

Hi,

I am new to this forum so i apologise in advance for not following any rules thats set.

I have a Iphone 5, 16 GB for 6 months and for the past month or so i've been having issues with the microphone.

1. During a call if i want to use loudspeaker the mic cuts out so the person on the other end can not hear what i am saying, yet while during a call off loudspeaker

they can hear me fine.

2. Siri can not detect anything i say or any noise what so ever when i try to use siri, but can when using a headset.

3. When trying to use voice to text in messages no speech is detected.

When using a headset under all three of these, they work fine, calling someone works fine aslong as i don't use loudspeaker.

i have tried to restore the phone to see if this corrects the problems but no luck.

The firmware version is 6.1.4, on EE 4G. Any help with this is appriciated.

Tyler.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 19, 2013 7:34 AM

13 replies

May 22, 2013 2:24 PM in response to tyler.james

Hi there

I am in the exact same boat as you are and tried all the suggestions listed by mario. Whats interesting is the Voice memo seems to work fine no matter what but everytime I put the call on speakerphone or hold the home button down for Siri it the mic doesnt work at all. Its fine for phonecalls without speakerphone though. I don't know if its associated with the most recent update but it definitely started right after that.

Let me know if you find out something else.

Thanks

Jun 8, 2013 2:43 AM in response to tyler.james

Hi

I'm having the exact same problems but I don't want to have to go all the way to Bristol for a new phone or to resolve the fault, I've not had my iPhone 5 longer than a month and this problem has started.

I was with android before and never wanted to go apple untill my friend converted me to change and I saw the benefits.

Apple iphone 5 is by far the best fone I've had but really disappointed that this problem has happened and I'm mabe starting to regret converting. :/ if you can resolve this ASAP I will be most grateful and can carry on as per usual.

Thanks

Jordan

Jan 9, 2015 11:52 PM in response to TravisKing

Hello guys i know im 2 yeara late lol but ive found a fix, for the issue.

it may work for some but its a sure fix.so i ad the same issue,my siri stop along with the voice to text,n to make a long story short i had to clean out the mic between the flash and the rear camera that hole iN between.it was filled with lint from my pocket,and after that siri work again!!!!!!

Iphone 5 loudspeaker mic/siri/voice to text not picking up sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.