Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies and TV shows missing

Hi

I am using iTunes 11.03 and an iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3.

I have 6 episodes of a TV show listed in iTunes under TV shows (m4v format using H.264 codec) and a movie (mp4 using H.264).

I can select the TV shows to be synced to my phone and the phone appears to have video data on it (the capacity bar has a video section in it).

However, none of the shows appear in the Videos app on the phone.

What am I missing?

Many thanks

Andrew

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 19, 2013 8:08 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2013 3:09 PM in response to AFDMacMini

Hi AFDMacMini,

I'm sorry you are having issues seeing some of your TV shows and a video.

The following article may be helpful in verifying if there is an issue with the files.

Verifying iTunes video conversion and video syncing using sample QuickTime files

It might also be helpful to try a spotlight search on your iPhone with the file names.

I hope this helps ...

- Judy

May 24, 2013 2:07 AM in response to judysings

Judy

Thank you for your response. iTunes version 11.0.3 does not seem to have an "advanced" menu item, so I can't follow the conversion process the thread you linked me to describes.

A spotlight search on the iPhone doesn't show any of the movie files, even though iTunes lists the files as being in the TV shows and Movie sections of "On this phone".

It would be nice to have an Apple based solution for this. In the meantime I have downloaded iMedia Player which plays any format and uses "File Sharing" via iTunes to get the films on the phone. They videos are listed in the app only and don't appear in the native Videos app.

A

Movies and TV shows missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.