Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete pictures from cloud

How do I delete Pictures from my Icloud when I run out of space and my Ipad is stuck trying to upload more?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 19, 2013 10:24 AM

4 replies

May 19, 2013 12:42 PM in response to Victah

If you mean photo stream photos, they don't count against your iCloud storage so deleting them won't free up space in your account. If you want to delete them to free up space on your phone, open your my photo stream album in the thumbnail view, tap Edit, tap the photos you want to delete, then tap Delete. Note: this will delete them from iCloud and all devices connected to your photo stream.

If you mean camera roll photos, import them to your computer and delete them as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083.

May 19, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Victah

The only data you can manage from your computer is the data on icloud.com (Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Reminders and iWork documents). Of these, Mail is probbly the only thing with much size. You could try deleting old emails that have large attachments that you no longer need, but that may not free up enough space.

Otherwise you may need to try to cancel the backup by disconnecting your router from the internet and letting it time out. If the iPad is still frozen and unresponsive after doing this, or if the backup fails to stop, you may need to try resetting you iPad by holding the power and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release.

delete pictures from cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.