Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get video files from a Mini DVD onto a Mac?

I have recorded video footage (Not still pictures of any kind) on a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD610/DVD710/DVD810, that recorded on an 8cm Mini DVD. How would I get that video footage onto my Mac (OS X 10.5.8) so that I can edit it on iMovie HD? I tried connecting it using a USB port, but after a whole minute it said that I inserted a blank DVD, when I didn't even open the disc drive. The instruction manuel tells how to import footage to a Windows computer, but doesn't even mention any kind of Mac. Please help me, I've tried everything.

eMac-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), General compatibility with miniDVDs

Posted on May 19, 2013 12:41 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2013 3:05 PM in response to Brickmaster4496

iMovie HD 6 can only accept video files via firewire.

As far as I can gather, neither of those three cameras are compatible with iMovie, and their recordings on disk are not intended for further editing, but you may be able to dub the video onto a USB memory stick and import the files to your desktop, and then import into iMovie, depending on what codec has been used - the files may require conversion first.

How can I get video files from a Mini DVD onto a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.