Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im a photographer, ACD and rMBP ?

Im looking to buy a ACD the 30" version. I am looking to connect a 15" rMBP. Is this going to work ? and if so is it going to work well? ive read that you need to buy cables at quite a cost and then i wont be able to get the best out of the monitor. And being a photographer i need the quality. Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.4, and Cinema Display 30"

Posted on May 19, 2013 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2013 5:14 PM

If you use the correct adapter

<http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB571Z/A/mini-displayport-to-dual-link-dvi-ada pter>

the display will run at full resolution. Don't use mirroring (Arrangement tab of Displays system preference).

4 replies

Jun 7, 2013 3:53 AM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Malcolm J. Rayfield wrote:

The $29 adapter is single-link DVI, so is limited to 1920 x 1200. The 30" display is 2560 x 1600, so needs the more expensive dual-link adapter. (Dual-link is for a single display. It has nothing to do with dual displays.)

I hear ya.....so the dual-link meaning is Display and USB. At first I didn't realize the single DVI would only do 1920 X 1200 but that is exactly what the specification say. Thanks for the heads-up.

Im a photographer, ACD and rMBP ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.