Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have problem

when i open the desktop & screen saver, system prefernces is not work not responding .

it is stop working and not work

i can not change my background picture

please help me

MacBook Air

Processor 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

MacBook Air

system preferences update

Version: 12.0

Last Modified: 1/13/13 6:55 PM

Kind: Intel

64-Bit (Intel): Yes

App Store: No

Re: i have a problem in system preferences in desktop & screen saver it is not working ?

MacBook Air

Posted on May 19, 2013 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2013 1:43 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Try deleting the Desktop settings file. Open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.systempreferences.plist", and restart. Finally, you will be able to change the desktop background

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2013 1:43 PM in response to Ahmad Jami

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Try deleting the Desktop settings file. Open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.systempreferences.plist", and restart. Finally, you will be able to change the desktop background

i have problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.