Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fullscreen App Resolution Preferences

I recently installed the fullscreen game, Empire at War. When first launched, it ran fine. I started to experiment with the different screen resolution options (I'm on a rMBP). When I relaunched the game, it was "zoomed in" to one corner of the screen and only about 1/8th of what should be viewable was on the screen. The menus are not onscreen and I cannot adjust the resolution in the application.

I tried deleting the .plist file and reinstalling the application, but nothing has worked. When I launch the game, it goes straight back to the zoomed in view.

Are application preferences also stored anywhere else besides the .plist file? How is my laptop rememering the resolution!?

Posted on May 19, 2013 4:20 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2013 4:30 PM in response to Topher Kessler

The game did not generate an Application Support folder.

After some more investigation, I've found that the "Open in Low Resolution" box is checked and greyed out when opening the "Get Info" window on the application. I've read that if it is greyed out, the application does not support HiDPI resolutions. However, this is not the case. There is discussion online about how the game DOES IN FACT support HiDPI resolutions. Perhaps this is why it's displaying incorrectly?

Any ideas on how to change that checkbox?

May 19, 2013 4:33 PM in response to carusomat

This feature is for support of Apple's Retina Display or if your system is using the HiDPI system resolution settings. These will likely not affect the game at all, since the game is not built for Retina Display support (hence this option checked and uneditable). The setting is very likely some detail with the game's configuration, but without being familiar with the game my recommendation would be to contact its develoeprs to see what configuration files it uses, and try to reset them.

Fullscreen App Resolution Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.